Bitnami has one of the most popular WAMP installation software with a high range of plugins and addons. In these tutorial, we are going to show you how to install Bitnami Wamp with the latest Bossanova PHP Framework and have a full working environment in 5 minutes.
Download the most version on:
1) Execute the installer:
2) Choose the frameworks you would like to have installed. The Bossanova PHP Framework does not come as default, it will be included in the end of this tutorial.
3) Choose the bitnami location, you can keep the default path as presented.
4) Choose a MySQL default password for the username root. Bear in mind to keep the password, you are going to need this password very soon.
5) This step is only be shown, if one of the following ports are in use: Apache (80), SSL (443) and MySQL (3306). If this is the case, you need to choose an alternative port such as 8080, 4443 or 3307.
6) In this step you can unmark the option and click next.
7) Now, it is time to run the services.
Download the most recent version:
Decompress and place all files in your bitnami htdocs folder.
If you would like to work with the Bossanova PHP Framework advanced features, you can install the database restored from the dump file bossanova_mysql.zip
1) Open the phpmyadmin http://localhost/phpmyadmin or http://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin (Depending the port you have chosen), and log in with username: root and the password you have chosen in the installation
2) Create a new database: bossanova
3) Go in the import option and click in browse the file from your computer. Then, select the file bossanova_mysql.zip
4) Open the file config.inc.php and add the database configuration including your database type (pgsql or mysql), and host, username and password.
The default login information is, don't forget to change it.
Now, if you are new to BF we recommend you to read our next article: a CRUD in five minutes with Bossanova PHP Framework