Jexcel is a very light jquery plugin to embed a spreadsheet compatible with Excel in your website or application. You can create a excel-like table from a JS array, json or even a CSV file. You can use your copy and paste shortcuts to move data from excel straight to your jExcel spreadsheet and vice versa. You can easily integrate third party jquery plugins to create your own custom colums, custom editors, and customize new features to your clients. jExcel has a plenty of nice features such as key-value dropdown, CSV loading/exporting, multiple spreadsheets and much more. We have a large roadmap ahead for our jquery plugin and we are constantly improving, so don't forget to send us your ideas.
The benefits to embed a jquery spreadsheet in your applications
With a few simple steps you can have jExcel integrated to your application. So, you can easily enjoy all advantages of this great jquery plugin.
- Make rich and user-friendly web interfaces and applications
- You can easily handle complicated data inputs in a way users are used to
- Improve your clients software experience
- Create rich CRUDS and beautiful UI
- Compatibility with excel: users can move data around with common copy and paste shortcuts
- Easy customizations with easy jquery plugin integrations
- Lean, fast and simple to use
New features in the latest version of the jquery plugin:
We are glad to bring you the latest jquery plugin version, with the following improvements:
- Checkbox column type improvements
- Destroy jquery table updates
- Spreadsheet data overflow and fixed headers. See an example
- Navigation improvements
- Relative insertRow, deleteRow, insertColumn, deleteColumn. See an example
- Redo, Undo action tracker for insertRow, deleteRow, insertColumn, deleteColumn, moveRow
- New formula column recursive chain
- New alternative design option bootstrap-like. See an example
- updateSettings updates
A very simple example to integrate the jexcel jquery plugin in your website to create your first online spreadsheet. You can check out more advanced examples here.
We are working hard to create the better jquery plugin possible. So, we would love to hear your ideas. Which features is missing in our jquery spreadsheet? We are glad to say new features are coming every day, and we are currently working in features such as:
- Merged cells
- Big data (partial table loading)
- Online work collaboration
- Toolbar with undo, redo, colors, etc
- Status bar
More suggestions are welcome to improve our jquery plugin. Please send your comments in our Github page.
- Programmaticaly data changes: Insert, remove and move columns and rows
Insert, remove and move columns and rows
- Fixed headers and scrollings: data overflow: fixed headers and scrolling
Overflow table and scrolling
- Custom table design: Custom table design, bootstrap like, colours
Create a custom table design. For example a bootstrap-like spreadsheet table.
- Table styling: Background and colours
- Loading remote data: Loading data from a CSV or JSON source
How to load the data from an external CSV file into a jExcel grid or table.
- Exporting data: Export data table as JSON OR CSV
How to export the data from your jquery table.
- Masking and formating: How to mask or format a cell content
Handling currency types and masking numbers.
- Formulas: How to use formula in your table
Adding formulas on your spreadsheet
- Calendar picker: Date and datetime picker extensions
How to handle a calendar with date and datetime picker.
- Sorting: Learn the different ways to sort a table
Sorting your jExcel spreadsheet
- Create custom cells: Integrate third party plugins
How to create custom column types based on a third party jquery plugin
- Advanced dropdown: How to use dropdown examples
Full examples on how to handle simple, advanced, autocomplete and conditional dropdowns.
- Autocomplete column: Native autocomplete comlumn type
Full examples how to load a autocomplete dropdown.
- Handling events: Integrating your table via callbacks
Handling events on your spreadsheet
- Readonly options: Working with readonly cells
Understanding how to set a readonly column or multiple custom cells
- Multiple instances: Using multiple tables in the same application
How to create multiple table instances in the same page
- Wrapping compatibility: Wrapping the text in a column
How to wrap the text in a jExcel column
- Nested headers: Nested headers
Creating a jExcel table with nested headers.
Copyright and licensejExcel is released under the MIT license. Copyrights belong to Paul Hodel
The first time we were involved in a web based spreadsheet development was in 2005, when we created the datagrid inspired in dhmlx. But, because the lack of audience we decided to discontinuate its development. A few years ago, we found and started to use Handsontable. It is a great piece of software. But, in a certain extension very complicated for integrations and sometimes limited, for example it is not possible to have a simple key-value dropdown. So, we decided to build something from the scratch, complete original but with a goal to keep as simple as possible any transition between any Handsontable to jExcel.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners.