Jspreadsheet CE is a very light, totally free, jquery plugin to embed a spreadsheet compatible with Excel in your website or application. You can create a excel-like table from a JS array, json or even a CSV file. You can use your copy and paste shortcuts to move data from excel straight to your Jspreadsheet spreadsheet and vice versa. You can easily integrate third party jquery plugins to create your own custom colums, custom editors, and customize new features to your clients. Jspreadsheet has a plenty of nice features such as key-value dropdown, CSV loading/exporting, multiple spreadsheets and much more. We have a large roadmap ahead for our jquery plugin and we are constantly improving, so don't forget to send us your ideas.
The benefits to embed a jquery spreadsheet in your applications
With a few simple steps you can have Jspreadsheet integrated to your application. So, you can easily enjoy all advantages of this great jquery plugin.
- Make rich and user-friendly web interfaces and applications
- You can easily handle complicated data inputs in a way users are used to
- Improve your clients software experience
- Create rich CRUDS and beautiful UI
- Compatibility with excel: users can move data around with common copy and paste shortcuts
- Easy customizations with easy jquery plugin integrations
- Lean, fast and simple to use
New features in the Jspreadsheet CE Version:Jspreadsheet has been rename to Jspreadsheet, please consider migrating a newer version.
We are glad to bring you the latest jquery plugin version, with the following improvements:
- Mobile touch fixes
- Paste fixes & New CSV parser
- New radio column
- New dropdown with autocomplete and multiple selection options
- Header/body separation for a better scroll/column resize behavior and compatibility
- Better text-wrap including alt+enter excel compatibility
- New set/get meta information
- New set/get config parameters
- New set/get programmatically cell style
- New set/get cell comments
- New table custom toolbar
- New responsive calendar picker
- Checkbox column type improvements
- Destroy jquery table updates
- Spreadsheet data overflow and fixed headers.
- Navigation improvements
- Relative insertRow, deleteRow, insertColumn, deleteColumn.
- Redo, Undo action tracker for insertRow, deleteRow, insertColumn, deleteColumn, moveRow
- New formula column recursive chain
- New alternative design option bootstrap-like.
- updateSettings updates
A very simple example to integrate the Jspreadsheet jquery plugin in your website to create your first online spreadsheet. You can check out more advanced examples here.
We are working hard to create the better jquery plugin possible. So, we would love to hear your ideas. Which features is missing in our jquery spreadsheet? We are glad to say new features are coming every day, and we are currently working in features such as:
- Merged cells
- Big data (partial table loading)
- Online work collaboration
- Toolbar with undo, redo, colors, etc
- Status bar
More suggestions are welcome to improve our jquery plugin. Please send your comments in our Github page.
Full examples on how to handle simple, advanced, autocomplete and conditional dropdowns.
Insert, remove and move columns and rows
Overflow table and scrolling
Create a custom table design. For example a bootstrap-like spreadsheet table.
Manage a table cell comments
Manage the table meta information
Full examples how to load a autocomplete dropdown.
How to load the data from an external CSV file into a Jspreadsheet grid or table.
Handling currency types and masking numbers.
How to handle a calendar with date and datetime picker.
Sorting your Jspreadsheet spreadsheet
How to create custom column types based on a third party jquery plugin
Handling events on your spreadsheet
Understanding how to set a readonly column or multiple custom cells
How to create multiple table instances in the same page
How to change the text wrap behavior in a Jspreadsheet column
Creating a Jspreadsheet table with nested headers.
Add images on your spreasheet cells
Copyright and licenseJspreadsheet CE is released under the MIT license. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jspreasheet Pro Version